Saturday, January 03, 2009

This past month..

I have been a terrible blogger! But things keep coming up, and I get distracted from making a post. Anyways, the beginning of this month was fun. I did lots of baking. Since money is tight we never buy cookies at the store anymore, and I decided to start making more homemade cookies. One Sunday afternoon I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. Now, I seriously have a house of cookie monsters.... these cookies were gone in a couple of days!

We also did the 12 days of Christmas to a good friend of mine in our ward. It was so much fun! I am going to do it every year now! Seth even got into the running and hiding. It was great.


Jase went in to the dermatologist this past month. He has molluscums on his body. He has had them for 6 months or so. Our primary care Dr. said the use salicylic acid on them, and that didn't seem to make it better only worse. When he saw the dermatologist... he decided to blister a couple of them, and send us home with a gel to put on him at night for the rest. Jase has anywhere from 30-40 of them on his belly and armpit. Since we started the treated we have seen them start to disappear. I took a picture of them when we got home from the dermatologist. The circled ones are the blistered ones filled with puss. It was pretty painful for him, and I felt terrible watching him in so much pain.

Me and Seth decided since he has another appt. coming up, we will just have the Dr. blister the rest of them. Because the gel they sent us home with, just tortures his skin.... his skin will turn beat red and flake because the medicine is too strong for his sensitive skin. Poor guy. And after the other ones were blistered off, they scabbed and fell off and are no longer there.

The New Year



We brought in the New Year with the Haggard's this year. We have always wanted to do it, but either we are out of town or Brad has to DJ. Anyways, they invited the Bowes and the Squires, and it was a blast! We has pizza and pop and Britany made delicious caramel popcorn! Yum! Here is all of us girls in the Masen's room supervising the kid chaos!

If you know Seth, you know that he is not a huge fan of video games. But this guy was undefeated for a while playing Guitar Hero! Usually I always beat him in video games and that time he beat me... proud of you babe!


Rulan and Seth playing Guitar Hero.



A few minutes before the New Year, we all went outside to roast some marshmallows and have some smores. The boys sure know how to make a loud a rowdy party! lol

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




We had so much fun, and oddly enough my boys rang in the New Year with us. They stayed awake the whole time, and when we all went outside... they were so happy and just playing. Everyone was like... how the heck are your kids still awake and happy?????? Who knows, but they were great.

7 comments:

CASSIE said...

Oh my...poor guy. Thats awful, I hope things get better after this next appt. You mentioned the Squires, then you mentioned Rulan...would it be Rulan Squire? If so...I went to HighSchool with him!!! Small world!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Poor baby! That looks so painful! Hope he gets better! You look gorgeous by the way! I can't wait until I look pregnant because now I just look like I have a beer belly :(

L Billings said...

Justin had molluscum for about 2 years. My dermatologist said it is a form of excema. He gave us a hyrdracortizone and they went away. It was a prescription form like Cortizone 10 but stronger. It did not hurt at all and whenever Justin would have a flare up we would just put the cream on and they would go away. He has not had any for 2 years now. I think he just grew out of it. Good luck!

Britt said...

good times with the carroll's as usual.

Jamie said...

Joshua had mollescum for a year to a year and a half. The dr. didn't give us anything for them and said he would outgrow them. He did eventually. She worried us by saying they were contagious, but none of the other kids got them.

Jenny and Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny and Shane said...

Tara! I found your page off of Alli's. I haven't seen you in forever but it looks like you guys are doing well. And your family is as stinkin cute as ever. Funny coicidence, I used to work with Laura Squires. But I guess it makes sense since they live out there.
P.S. Your hair so so long and gorgeous!