Thursday, June 05, 2008

Already 24

So yesterday was my birthday, we got up early and headed to Fossil Creek. Alex's birthday was the day before (3rd) and mine is the 4th so we decided to combine our birthdays and go to Strawberry for the day. Seth's mom was willing to watch the kids while we all went. Thanks Mom!
Fossil Creek was amazing! The water is the most beautiful turquoise blue you have ever seen! Its about a 4 mile+/- hike in to the dam. Seth really wanted to hike back out through the creek instead of back through the trail. It was fun at first, but then the sun began to hide behind the clouds and the wind really picked up. We were all freezing! I kept laughing at Dad (Alex) who was in front of me, because even though I couldn't see his face or hear him shivering, I could see his shoulder blades shuttering because he was so cold! There was a couple of times the current took me, and wanted me to go head first, but I was able to get my footing before that happened. There is a lot of travertine in the water, and it definitely makes for a scratchy ride if you land on it. It was fun to get away and be somewhere beautiful.... but by the end of the day I was ready to be home.
It made me think.. how the heck am I going to be away from my boys for 4 nights when the Pioneer Trek comes along?? Its going to be soooooo hard. The worst part is, I have never been away from Kade over night yet, I hope he doesn't give my mom too hard of a time! Poor thing, by the time the Trek is over, she'll be exhausted. I just keep telling myself "She'll be fine, she had six kids!" ;)
My house has been pretty crazy lately. It seems as though both of us have had lots of meetings for church. With Super Saturday approaching, I feel more swamped everyday. I'm excited for it to be here and done.. :0) We both have been preparing for the Trek, but tracking down proper clothing and finally getting our tennis shoes. Now the hard part is trying to get them broken in.
I know this probably sounds bad, but its nice to not be pregnant. I've been pregnant the last 3 years, and its nice to have a break. I look forward to more of this summer.. the hikes and camping trips, the beach, and everything we'd like to do without me waddling everywhere.
Alright, I think I have rambled long enough! Thanks to everyone for the phone calls and cards for my birthday!

4 comments:

CFI Pilot said...

Wait a second. I am confused. Which mom had six kids?

Carbonneau said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Wow...I forget how young you are! ;)
I am jealous you get to go on a trek, how fun! But I totally get the whole leaving the kids thing. We left ours with Kathy for like 36 hrs last week and it was hard to be away even though you know they are in good hands. BUT afterwards, we decided we definitely need to leave them more often.

Brandi Jo said...

How fun! Alex took all of us girls on that hike for our 4th year hike @ girls camp... oh the memories! :-) It was so fun! We never hiked the creek out though. That sounds like fun! :-) That is awesome that you guys were able to do that.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! When you tell people how old you are, are they in shock that you already have 3 kids! Thats so awesome! You're going to be the coolest mom when your boys are all in high school. Their friends are going to love you! haha