Friday, January 12, 2007

A New Year A New Start!!



We brought in the New Year in Durango, Colorado! It was sooo beautiful up there. Definitely cold and lots of snow. We went with Seth's cousin Nate and his entire family! On the way up there we fought a snow storm out of Flagstaff, and literally stood at a stand still for atleast an hour. I rolled down the window and that was the view outside (pic to the left). It's supposed to only take 8 or so hours to get up there, but because of the storm took us 12 HOURS!! Thank goodness for PORTABLE DVD players! It saved us this trip with Maxx. It watched Monsters I think a million times by the time we got there. Jase loved being outside there, and Maxx wanted to be outside up there, but wouldn't let us bundle him up... so within a matter of minutes the kid was balling cause his hands and face were freezing!!

While I played a serious game of Pictionary with the Howard's, my lovely husband brought in the new year sleeping with Jase. After the clock hit 12:00 I ran into the other cabin to wake him for my kiss! I had a lot of fun, and even forgot what time it was. We didn't leave the cabin's till after 1:30AM. Normally I can't stay up that late... (9pm I'm out).... so it was nice.

A new start for me this year is I am going back to school this semester. There were lots of classes I wanted to take... Human Anatomy, Bio 101, and all I could get in to was one class.... Rock Music and Culture. Yep.... I am taking a Rock Class. It will knock out one of my Humanities and one Historical. I laugh when I think of what the class might be like. But I am excited to start going back to school, and actually being in a class room where I can speak proper English, and talk to adults. It will be nice.


The boys are doing well..... Jase started crawling while we were up in Durango, and is now a Pro. And since we've been back Maxx has been sick. The poor kid cause a nasty cough and a faucet for a nose. The other day he constantly had a high fever, and we think it may have turned into an ear infection. We will see if we can get him in on Monday. Hopefully he will start to feel better soon.. its no fun having a sick toddler around the house!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That sounds so fun! I probably would've been asleep long before midnight, but Mischa was still up. I hope Maxx is feeling better!