So as I woke up this morning I thought to myself, "I would have been in natural labor all night last night"... I remember everything so clearly on the day I started having contractions. Me and Seth decided we were ready for Maxx to come... so he took me on a quad ride, and I ate something totally different that I had never eaten that pregnancy, and I think we may have even taken the truck out to romp in the river bottom. That night I started having mild contractions and it continued until morning. Once I got up and going that morning.. they stopped. So Seth's mom took me to the lakes and we power walked 2 miles! I would have a contraction here and there throughout the day, but no patterns.
That night after dinner they started up... and they were every 15-20 minutes apart. They were pretty strong and we let them keep going to see how much closer they were getting. I got a blessing from Seth and his Dad (we were living with them at the time). After the blessing I closed my eyes for a few minutes and when I woke up they were under 5 minutes apart lasting a minute and a half long. My body started to shake, and thats when Seth's mom said "You need to get this girl to a hospital!" We left and headed to Banner T-Bird around midnight. I arrived and was told I was 8cm dilated. I was so surprised I was that far, because I wasn't having a hard time at all.
I tested positive for Group B Strep with Maxx, and misunderstood the instructions of having it. I thought I was just going to be hooked up to antibiotics when I went into labor, but they would like all of the antibiotics IN 4 HOURS PRIOR to delivery! I was bummed when they told me that my water was bulging and they were going to let me move or break my water till I got all the bags in. I labored for the next 4 hours naturally... it was fine, but then they finally decided to break my water because I was at 10cm. After that, the pain was so unbearable.... I remember looking over at Seth and seeing tears in his eyes, because I was in so much pain and he couldn't do anything to help me.
At 6:59am on March 4th, 2005 Maxx Bryson came into this world. We love him so much and he is a joy to have in our family. He's an amazing big brother who is always thinking of others. Maxx we love you and hope you have a special day!!




8 comments:
Happy Birthday Maxx!
I was so glad to see you posted about his birthday! He was such a chunky little guy. We have seriously loved going thru this entire parenting thing with some of the best friends ever. You guys are awesome. Happy Birthday little guy!! Many fun years to come.
CANNOT believe its been 4 years since we had these tiny babies!! Happy b-day buddy!
Happy Birthday Maxx!
Happy Birthday Maxx, you are such a wonderful little boy and we love you so much.
Happy birthday Maxx!
I can't believe how big he is getting. I think i was two years ago you and the boys came to Britt's for MJ's birthday. You were preggers. Wow. He is growing up so quickly
What a neat story!! Have you had them all natural? Everytime I have gone into to the hosptial, I am ususally like 1 cm... Urrggghh! But they induce me and I have the baby in a few hours. So, I guess once i am ready, I go fast. I should try all those tricks next time I want to go into labour! Ha ha!!!
Post a Comment