(This is my side of the story)
I had just started attending MCC 3rd ward, I was late to church and so I waited in the foyer for sacrament to be passed. As I was waiting a handsome young man approached me and asked me for my name, he seemed very nice and respectable. He told me his name was Seth Carroll and he was visiting from EAC. Then he left after our short conversation.
A week or two later, same situation. I was late for church and he happened to be visiting his friend here in Mesa. When he saw me, I know we both recognized each other right away. While I was sitting there, two other young men approached me before Seth could. The two guys were complete weirdos, and Seth was nice enough to come sit with all of us, and make me feel for comfortable. After the two wack jobs left, Seth and I finally got to talk in private. He told me he was planning on moving to Mesa, and once he was moved in he would like to take me out. So I gave him my phone number, and we left it at that.
We started hanging all the time. I always had fun hanging out at his house. Seth and Nick always had some wisdom to share with me. After 3 months, I really liked him and was kind of bummed that he hadn't asked to be exclusive yet. I decided he must just really want to be friends and started dating other guys. Once he found out I was getting serious with another boy in our ward, he quickly called me and invited me out to Buckeye for his mom's birthday party. (Its a huge deal, if a Buckeye Boy invites you out to Buckeye). I said yes, and that week things started to get serious... we finally decided to pray about whether we should date seriously. By the end of the week, we both had our answers. I was On Cloud 9! I can still remember coming home, and always being so happy because I was dating Seth Carroll!
We dated for almost 4 months when we decided to get married. When Seth told me that he wanted to get married, I can remember that night so clearly and the special feelings I had inside.

We were married October 17th, 2003! I have had an amazing last 5 years.... we've had 3 boys and are expecting another little one this spring. We have been busy with the kiddos, but we enjoy every minute of it. Seth is such an incredible father and husband. People always ask, how do you have 3 soon to be 4 kids 3 and under. I seriously couldn't do it without Seth. He is such a huge helper and always pitches in. From diapers to dishes, he can do it all!





It has been such an awesome 5 years for me, and I can't wait for many many more years with Seth. I love you Babe, Happy Anniversary!
7 comments:
Congrats you two! That is awesome!!
Happy Anniversary!
5 years? Where does the time go? Congrats! When do you find out what the baby is? Keep us posted!
Congratulations! I can't believe it's been 5 years already!
I beg to differ. Nick asked me out to Buckeye before we even started dating. He invited everyone out!
You guys really do make a cute couple. I'm glad I was able to be around to see you go through the sappyness, sadness, happyness and the Big Day. Thanks for letting me be a part of it! Happy Anniversary!
I put a new background on...all by myself! ...I just growing up so fast! jk...Thanks for all the cute ones in the past..let me know what you think!
That is way cool. Time goes by so fast! Our next anniversary will be our 15th! Don't blink, you WILL miss something. Congrats, and many many more.
Post a Comment