Well he's here! He arrived Thursday August 30th at 12:38pm, weighing in at 7lbs 2.4oz and 19in long. As some of you may know I did start having contractions while we were in California. Once I got home, they had pretty much subsided for the most part. At 2am on Thursday morning the contractions started once again and we headed to the hospital.
Once I got there they checked me and they said I was an eight and my water was bulging. They got me the epidural and broke my water. When they broke my water it was green (from the meconium) which means that he had already passed a bowel movement. They told me that they will have the Nursery Team present when I have him just as a per caution, just incase he inhales the yucky water. I sat at 9cm for an hour and a half, and was not progressing all of a sudden. So they went ahead and started me on pitocin. Within a matter of minutes I needed to start pushing.
After 4-5 pushes he was out. Even though he was out, we all were a little scared, cause he wasn't breathing. Before I could hold him, they handed him off to the Nursery Team so they work on him. I couldn't see what they were doing, because I'm being sewn up at this point. All I knew is that I hadn't heard him cry, and it was starting to scare me. Both my sister and and sister-in-law were standing watching them work on him, and as I watched my sister-in-laws face start to change to fear... I just started balling. Kade had inhalde the meconium, and was having a hard time etting his breath. At one point he was completely purple. The said they were going to go ahead and take him to NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and clear up his lungs there. They weren't even going to let me look at him or hold him for just a second until I started crying and asking to see him for just a second.
My sister got this picture while they were working on him, and trying to help him clear out his lungs. You can see how he really isn't that pink and more purple because of lack of oxygen.
I was really upset, because I didn't get to spend the first 4 hours of his life with him. They wouldn't release me to go visit him, until my epidural wore off. But my amazing nurse Aubrey snuck me in with the epidural still in effect. This is Kade in the NICU.
So once they got his lungs cleared, he was perfect! They kept him in there for observation, and we were able to convince them to let him come home with us yesterday.
8 comments:
so cute!! congrats!!!! scary story but at least it got better in the end!
precious. now that I see more pictures of him.. I think he looks a lot like Maxx.. just without tons of hair. Do you think so? Anyway... congratulations guys.. we are so happy for you. you outnumber us now.. but we'll catch you in a few more weeks! ;) (not that it's a race... ;))
Oh, wow, a breath of heaven! Congratulations! Sorry it was a bit scary, but makes you thankful for modern day medicine doesn't it? You are a terrific mother and very deserving of 3 lovely boys. . . We were commenting at our house that you need a girl and you have to name her with an L name. . . Then you'll have J,K, L and M!!! LOL!!!
CONGRATS...SCARY, BUT A HAPPY ENDING! HE DOSEN'T LOOK A WHOLE LOT LIKE YOUR OTHER TWO BOYS FROM THE PICS...HE IS ADORABLE! GOOD LUCK WITH THE THREE...HOPE TO SEE HIM SOON!
Congratulations! He is so cute! So sorry about the scary start, though.
Congratulations! He's adorable! I bet that was scary! I'm happy everythings well! Oh it makes me so anxious to have mine! You beat me to it! It's funny cause I was actually thinking of you the other day and thought I wonder when she's going to have her baby?
He is a beautiful baby and quite the blessing at that! I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!
Tara... congrats on the new baby boy. You did good girl!
Post a Comment