Sunday, July 01, 2007

Vacation..






















The Beach


Well last week we went to California for vacation, and it was wonderful! The weather was amazing all week, and everything went smoothly. We got there late Monday night and came home on saturday, because we had to speak in church the next day. We didn't get a campsite this year, cause we were planning on going to Missouri for a family reunion that never happened. But when we arrived my cousin sold us his and we set up our tent there. It was nice sleeping in a tent this year, other than me being 6 months pregnant, with bad hips. For some reason my hips did horrible the whole time we were there. I felt like I was sleeping on concrete or something. And Seth always makes really soft beds. He even went out and bought me a foam pad to put under all of the blankets I was sleeping on. The boys all slept great though.... thats all that matters. ;)



The boys had a blast. From early in the morning till late in the evening they played hard. And if you know how the weather is in Arizona, you know that they can't do that at home. Its way too hot for them to even be out there for 30 minutes. Jase was constantly covered in dirt and sand. He loves getting dirty and it showed! Every night we would give him a bath and have to trap him in either the tent or my parents trailer till he was ready to go to sleep. He definitely loved to just walk around the campsites and do his own thing. One of the days, a trailer with young adults set up behind main camp. The girls looked pretty snobby and hardly wore any clothes. They looked pretty well to do.... anyways, Jase decides to stray away from me, and when I looked over to see where he was he had walked right up to one of those girls. He was FILTHY! So I ran over there, but before I could get him she had picked him up. I apologized for him getting her dirty (cause she was wearing a white jacket), and before she could hand him back to me, he BARFED all down her arm! I was mortified!!!! I told her I was sooo sorry, that I would go get her a towel or wipe, but she seemed fine and told me it was no problem. When I came back to camp and told Seth what happened.. he laughed so hard.

Maxx loved the ocean! His favorite thing to do was throw rocks into it. This is a picture of my mom and dad watching the waves at La Jolla Beach. The water there is amazing. Maxx played hard all week and enjoyed playing with his cousins and Ry Ry. The last day we were there, or I mean that morning when we got up, Maxx was crying, and we just figured that he was being grumpy. Seth kept getting after him cause he wouldn't stand up while he was trying to get him dressed. After he got him dressed he sent Maxx out of the tent to go with me to my parents trailer. I noticed he was limping and told Seth. Seth felt horrible, because he had hurt his foot and thats why he wouldn't stand up for him to get him dressed. He must have lightly sprained it the day before, cause he wouldn't walk on it. We would throw a ball to see if he would walk over and get it, and he would crawl. It was so sad. The good thing is that this only lasted for one day. Whatever he did to it must have only been minor.


We all had such a good time. It was nice to get away and see something different than the everyday routine.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!! im jealous!! how are you! oh the harder the bed the more comfy it is when you're pregnant!!

Jamie said...

You're alive!!! The kids are dying to go back to the beach this year. Maybe next year. Josh didn't like the waves and would hold his arm out and use his "blue force" on them whenever they came to the shore, lol.

kodiak73 said...

Your families beach camping vacations always sound so good to me. I trust no-one got pulled out to sea in a rip-current this year? Did you say your parents trailer? Are we talking about a 5th wheel/camper/hotel on wheels? When did that happen? Brenda finally rebelled against the boat/tent? The MUST be getting old! Here you are 6 months pregnant and they didn't even offer you a bed in the camper? Glad you had a good time. I'm looking forward to our vacation out that way, starting, TODAY!

Anonymous said...

Well is about time you updated! I always check! :) Love ya!

Britt said...

YAY UPDATED!!! HALLELUJAH!! WAHOO! ;) Now you can update later this week after our fourth of july shananigan!!